Alright, San Diegans, you have waited long enough. We have teamed up with the Eldorado Polo Club and Empire Polo Club to bring you a fabulous Opening Weekend in the desert! Mark your calendars for January 6-8 and find out more details below.
Surrounded by snow-capped mountains and lush green fields, the Indio, CA is a perfect winter polo destination. The best part is, you’ll know these guys! A lot of our members truck their horses and teams out to Indio for the season to participate in matches, and come back in late spring to play in San Diego.
If you are interested in participating in lessons, please see the lessons and prices marked in red and contact Lindsey for more details.
Here are the weekend details:
FRIDAY, January 6, 2012- arrival in late afternoon/evening
- Check into Preferred Hotel– Indian Palms Resort; SDPC and EPC has a special rate of $119/night (2 night min, no cancellation) or $149/night (2 night min, 7 day cancellation).
- Other Hotel Options: Embassy Suites $119/night or La Quinta Resort $170/night- use EPC code.
SATURDAY, January 7, 2012
- 10am- 12pmMorning Intermediate Polo Lesson from Kimo and Erik Wright from Wrightway Polo at Empire Polo Club- $125 (arrive 15 minutes early)
- 1:00pm Lunch at The Cantina at Eldorado Polo Club (Polo Match starts at 12 & we are able to sit on the patio and watch- see above photo).
- 6:30-11:30pm –Blue & White Argentine themed Party at Empire Polo Club (dressy casual); dinner and draft beer included, cash bar; must RSVP to *protected email* by January 1, 2012 – $15 for non-players
SUNDAY, January 8, 2012
- 10am Lesson from Kyle Fargey at Eldorado Polo Club– $95
- 12:00pm Sunday Polo Match at Eldorado Polo Club (drinks and buffet lunch available for purchase)
- 2:00pm Sunday Polo Match at Empire Polo Club & Hat Day (drinks and casual lunch available for purchase)
Depart Sunday evening or Monday morning.
If you are interested in “Stick & Balling” or using Eldorado Polo Club’s Hitting Cage, it is $125/hour for an individual or $85/hour with group.
More information about Opening Weekend Events at Empire Polo Club, click here.
RSVP to Lindsey at *protected email* by January 1, 2012.